Discussion on State of the Bangladesh Economy: Determining the Priority Actions
Event Name : Recent Events
Date : 30 January, 2008- ,
The Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI) will be organizing a discussion on State of the Bangladesh Economy: Determining the Priority Actions. The discussion will be held on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the BEI Conference Room.
BEI, in collaboration with the UNDP, has undertaken an initiative titled, Promoting Good Governance; Key Reform Challenges facing Bangladesh. Under this initiative, BEI will be organizing a series of six roundtable discussions on key reform challenges, which Bangladesh needs to address and overcome by promoting good governance. This initiative was launched in August 2007 and the discussion on State of the Bangladesh Economy: Determining the Priority Actions is going to be the third in the series of roundtable discussions.
BEI has invited a panel of distinguished economists and representatives from the private sector to share their thoughts on the topic. The distinguished panelists include:
- Syed Manzur Elahi, Chairman, Apex Adelchi Footwear Ltd. and Administrator, FBCCI
- Mr. Yussuf Abdullah Harun, former President, FBCCI
- Dr. Atiur Rahman, Chairman, Unnayan Shamannay
- Dr. Mustafizur Rahman, Executive Director, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD)
- Mr. Muhammad A. (Rumee) Ali, Managing Director, BRAC Enterprises
- Mr. Mamun Rashid, Chief Executive Officer, Citibank N.A.
Distinguished representatives from the government, private sector, development partners, civil society, academia and media are expected to attend the discussion.
For further information, please contact Ms. Sherina Tabassum, Project Director and Communications Manager, BEI.
Posted Date : 3 March, 2012